Tiger Leaping Gorge and Yulong mountain


Wikitravel suggest blue dragon pool of Lijiang as China's finest view and it goes on to add Tiger Leaping Gorge as China's finest trek. It was hard to imagine what could be so great about a gorge! guess its time to experience. 

A 2 days walk marked with villages with Yulong mountain always in front and Yantze river continuously deepening the gorge deep below. 

"Be like water, making its way through crack"
Yulong mountain in Back drop
A guest house on the way, but way to early to stop
Numbers have always fascinated me and here is another one. The owner of one guest house told me that almost 50 trekker visit the tiger leaping gorge everyday but the lower reaches of gorge accessible by bus is visited by 5000 people. These numbers speak volume about the tourism industry these days. 

I continued the trek with the help on some sign boards but the path is normally well marked. 

And I wish i could know what they want me to
The above sign board in Mandarin was one of many that i had to ignore. But when the sign board came in English, it was not helpful either. 

A word by word translation, perhaps
The trek continued, I had the company of two Germans. They were surprised to find me and so was I. Between our chit chat, around a corner, we were greeted by the view of amazing waterfall.

The trekking path bisecting the waterfall
Finally it was down to the Yantze leaping like tiger.

Tiger Leaping yantze river
The journey does not end here. When i saw the snow atop Yulong mountain, I was sure that I am going there. 

The mountains are easy compass
I would stop for hours to simply admire the corner of the China that one wouldn't associate with modern China.

The turquoise color lake

And enough is never enough
But the snow is in higher altitude, Its far but it is comfortable to reach by a cable car and a short trek.
Almost there at Yulong mountain
The path way takes upto 4585 meters and from there on, one is on their own. I had to trust the grip of my trekking shoes and jump into the snowy path. 


A typical image of mountain
:)
As far as one could see
The yulong trip ends here but not the Chinese day
From here on I headed to Yuanyang, a 10 hour train journey followed by 10 hours bus Journey. The people, food and scenery keeps me occupied. 


Comments

  1. awesome read..fascinating stuff!! (h)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your encouraging words :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gunung Merbabu : A gentle stroll from Wekas village to Selo

Gunung Rinjani - Trek in the cloud

From the bygone era: Jama Masjid and Qutub Minar